On the eve of the International Champions Cup, Saturday, July 21, The N.C. Zeitgeist Foundation staged a welcoming reception for the top management of Borussia Dortmund, including BVB’s CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke and soccer legends Roman Weidenfeller, Patrick Owomoyela and Lars Ricken. Approximately 120 guests convened at Fahrenheit to celebrate and welcome one of the most outstanding German soccer teams. Mayor pro tem Julie Eiselt welcomed the guests of honor in the name of the City. Klaus Becker, Chairman of The N.C. Zeitgeist Foundation, himself a Dortmund native, had been instrumental in bringing BVB to Charlotte. Special thanks go to our corporate sponsors Evonik, Atrium Health, VS Furniture, GreerWalker, PNC, Huber Technology, Lagadére, and Dachser, whose generous support made the event possible.
Photos by Brandon Scott Photography
German Honorary Consul for NC, Klaus Becker, Keynote Speaker at Columbia World Affairs Council Luncheon, September 6.
- About Us
- The N.C. German Community
News and Events
- German Honorary Consul for NC, Klaus Becker, Keynote Speaker at Columbia World Affairs Council Luncheon, September 6th
- The Equestrian World Comes To Tryon, N.C.!
- Annual White Asparagus Feast
- Panel Discussion: The Intersection of German and U.S. Legal System
- Porsche: Embracing Change
- Bundestagwahl 2017 - German Election Watch
- "From Martin Luther to Martin Luther King, Jr."
- FC Bayern Munich
- TEASE Artists Tour >
- Partners and Sponsors
- Contact Us