Honorary German Consul, Klaus Becker, visits App State to discuss the outcomes of the 2017 German Election
On Monday, Oct 25, Klaus Becker –upon invitation of the Judaic Department of Appalachian university in Boone- addressed the Jewish community, He analyzed the post-election results of Germany’s parliamentary election which had taken place the day before, described various coalition scenarios and pointed out the unpleasant fact that the right-populist AfD entered the Bundestag (German parliament) for the first time. They got 13% of the vote and are herewith third largest party in the Bundestag. They are an anti-immigration party with clear nationalistic, racist, anti-Semitic and above all anti-Islam characteristics.
German Honorary Consul for NC, Klaus Becker, Keynote Speaker at Columbia World Affairs Council Luncheon, September 6.
- About Us
- The N.C. German Community
News and Events
- German Honorary Consul for NC, Klaus Becker, Keynote Speaker at Columbia World Affairs Council Luncheon, September 6th
- The Equestrian World Comes To Tryon, N.C.!
- Annual White Asparagus Feast
- Panel Discussion: The Intersection of German and U.S. Legal System
- Porsche: Embracing Change
- Bundestagwahl 2017 - German Election Watch
- "From Martin Luther to Martin Luther King, Jr."
- FC Bayern Munich
- TEASE Artists Tour >
- Partners and Sponsors
- Contact Us