Klaus Dieter Frankenberger is currently foreign editor of the German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung which editorial staff he joined in September 1986. He will be in residence with the Transatlantic Academy from March 1-31. His writings deal especially with the United States, European, transatlantic, and international politics. Prior to his positions at the Frankfurter Allgemeine, he was a congressional fellow and served as assistant to a member of Congress in 1985 and 1986, taking thereby a closer look on the political decision-making process of the United States. Frankenberger’s previous academic activities include research positions at the Center for North American Studies in Frankfurt/Main and a Marshall-Fellowship at Harvard University in 1990.
Grand Speaker Series: Ruprecht Polenz, Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the German Bundestag
Topic: “The Putin Doctrine—A Danger to Global Security”
Ruprecht Polenz is Chairman of the German Bundestag’s Committee on Foreign Affairs, of which he has been a member since 1994. He is also a member of the German delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly and a substitute member of the Bundestag’s Committee on Cultural and Media Affairs.
Additionally, he chairs the Bundestag’s Parliamentary Control Panel under Section 41 (5) of the Foreign Trade and Payments Act and is a substitute member of the Joint Committee of the Bundestag and Bundesrat under Article 53 a of the Basic Law. He now sits on the executive committee of the North-Rhine/Westphalia CDU und is a member of the CDU’s Federal Committee on Foreign and Security Policy and its Federal Committee on Media Policy.
A lawyer, Mr. Polenz worked with the Northern Westphalia Chamber of Industry and Commerce, becoming its Director for Media and Public Relations in 1984.
- About Us
- The N.C. German Community
News and Events
- German Bundestag and Transatlantic Relations: Peter Beyer
- German Honorary Consul for NC, Klaus Becker, Keynote Speaker at Columbia World Affairs Council Luncheon, September 6th
- The Equestrian World Comes To Tryon, N.C.!
- Annual White Asparagus Feast
- Panel Discussion: The Intersection of German and U.S. Legal System
- Porsche: Embracing Change
- Bundestagwahl 2017 - German Election Watch
- "From Martin Luther to Martin Luther King, Jr."
- FC Bayern Munich
- TEASE Artists Tour >
- Germany in North Carolina
- Partners and Sponsors
- Contact Us