H.E. Peter Wittig, Ambassador of Germany to the United States and his wife, journalist and writer Huberta von Voss-Wittig, traveled to Charlotte on the invitation of the Honorary Consul and CEO of Nirosteel, Klaus Becker. The Ambassador and his wife toured one of Siemens USA’s biggest manufacturing plants, the local training facility at Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC). After the tours Ambassador Wittig was the keynote speaker at a luncheon hosted by the World Affairs Council of Charlotte, where he spoke to the bilateral relationship between Germany and the U.S., joint initiatives, current affairs and Germany's presence within the Charlotte region. Later that evening, he and Huberta attended The German Opera Gala, an event celebrating Germany’s long opera tradition. Read more about his visit here.
German Honorary Consul for NC, Klaus Becker, Keynote Speaker at Columbia World Affairs Council Luncheon, September 6.
German Bundestag and Transatlantic Relations: Peter Beyer, September 20.
- About Us
- The N.C. German Community
News and Events
- German Bundestag and Transatlantic Relations: Peter Beyer
- German Honorary Consul for NC, Klaus Becker, Keynote Speaker at Columbia World Affairs Council Luncheon, September 6th
- The Equestrian World Comes To Tryon, N.C.!
- Annual White Asparagus Feast
- Panel Discussion: The Intersection of German and U.S. Legal System
- Porsche: Embracing Change
- Bundestagwahl 2017 - German Election Watch
- "From Martin Luther to Martin Luther King, Jr."
- FC Bayern Munich
- TEASE Artists Tour >
- Partners and Sponsors
- Contact Us