Klaus Dieter Frankenberger is currently foreign editor of the German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung which editorial staff he joined in September 1986. He will be in residence with the Transatlantic Academy from March 1-31. His writings deal especially with the United States, European, transatlantic, and international politics. Prior to his positions at the Frankfurter Allgemeine, he was a congressional fellow and served as assistant to a member of Congress in 1985 and 1986, taking thereby a closer look on the political decision-making process of the United States. Frankenberger’s previous academic activities include research positions at the Center for North American Studies in Frankfurt/Main and a Marshall-Fellowship at Harvard University in 1990.
- About Us
- The N.C. German Community
News and Events
- German Bundestag and Transatlantic Relations: Peter Beyer
- German Honorary Consul for NC, Klaus Becker, Keynote Speaker at Columbia World Affairs Council Luncheon, September 6th
- The Equestrian World Comes To Tryon, N.C.!
- Annual White Asparagus Feast
- Panel Discussion: The Intersection of German and U.S. Legal System
- Porsche: Embracing Change
- Bundestagwahl 2017 - German Election Watch
- "From Martin Luther to Martin Luther King, Jr."
- FC Bayern Munich
- TEASE Artists Tour >
- Partners and Sponsors
- Contact Us